|Posted by Trish on July 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM|
No baking involved, but sooo delicious!!! Place raw cashews into a food processor and it somehow turns into a sweet, creamy, frosting-like spread. I personally find raw cashews sweeter than their roasted twin, and they retain a lot more nutrients.
Simply put some raw cashews into a food processor and whirl away. You're going to come across the following stages:
1. Crushed cashews - "oh this seems like it's going to be easy...."
2. Dry flour-like mess - "wtf happened? Did I just waste my cashews?? (keep going)"
3. Clumped dry mess - "it's not getting any better!!! Maybe I should add some water or oil into this thing." (don't do it!!)
4. A ball of cashew paste - "okay... is this it??? It kinda sucks..." (nope...keep going)
5. Dry "paste" - "This really isn't going anywhere... why did I do this? I just wasted $5 worth of cashews!" (Just keep whirling)
6. Smooth paste - "Yay!! It's looking like thick peanut butter...but it still looks pretty dry... is this it?? I was expecting something nicer..." (Keep whirling still!!!! You're almost there)
7. CASHEW BUTTER - "OMG!! It finally worked. Holy crap! That took forever...and why is there so little? I put like a million cashews in here!!" (Just taste the damn thing and know why you worked so hard to get it).
Cover and keep in fridge up to 2 weeks.